Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 10 Update from Jeff ... Now in Guangzhou

We got up and packed all of our things and killed time the whole day. Went back to the Bell Tower area and toured a 400 year old house. It was many different little houses connected. They had a mini tea party for us and sold us delicious teas.

Ty loves pistachios - he went crazy over them in the airport.

On the plane we figured out he loves to play with the tray tables and hates, HATES seat belts. (Looking forward to introducing him to Mr. Carseat.) Ty was very active on the flight tonight. I hope he is calmer on the long flight home or it is going to be no fun. It was like he was running laps in the seat between my Dad and I - and noodles everywhere and there was some drinking error where he spit out a mouthful of water. He did like to look out the window and was fine after he went to sleep. Sort of.

Made it to Guangzhou and checked into the White Swan - the A/C feels very nice in the heavy humid air. We will wear our shorts tomorrow. I carried Ty sleeping up the elevator to our room and put him in his crib clothes and all - I'm sure he'll love waking up in that crib.


Ty and Grandpa ... leaving Xi'an


Ty with his backpack.... as Lily says... .just like Lily and dad have

Oh my.. .he is so cute with that backpack

Grandpa with guide Lucy... Lucy is great! She was our guide the entire time on our trip to bring Lily home (except for the Beijing portion of our trip).

Ty sleeping in the White Swan Hotel crib (March 2008)

Lily sleeping in White Swan Hotel crib (July 2006). When I saw the picture of Ty in the crib I recognized the comforter. Sure they might have many of them and probably isn't the same one... it just caught my eye.


The guys are in Guangzhou until Saturday. They leave Guangzhou at 9am.


HERE AT HOME~

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that is following the blog. Thank you to all of you for leaving such sweet comments! Your words mean so much to us!


Well there are 2 people that Lily is convinced make clothes only for her. Bless her heart... wonder what she will think when she realizes that is not the case.

Those 2 people are Matilda Jane Clothing (or as Lily says.. Tilda Jane) and Robin at Red Thread Stitches (Lily says... mom's friend made me this dress or outfit).

I just love these ladies and what they do! Denise at Matilda Jane is so cool. I love her blog and the day doesn't feel complete if I don't stop by her blog. She keeps it real ...I love her honesty... her clothes are fabulous... and she inspires me. She always makes me laugh! LOVE her website also! She is just the cutest!!!!


Robin at Red Thread Stitches is such a wonderful lady! She is creating such wonderful and adorable clothing. She is using the funds to bring Mia Hope home from China. Truly a labor of love! I love checking in on her blog each day to see the new things she is coming up with. The day doesn't feel complete if I don't email with Robin. I can always count on her to be up working late at night like I am. I am sure I keep her from reaching her deadlines with all my emailing back and forth. She is also such an inspiration. I feel very blessed to have her as a friend!



Matilda Jane... Lily reading her Dora book wearing the cutest Matilda Jane dress




Red Thread Stitches.... Carnival Bloom outfit... this is such a happy outfit and so adorable!


Lily is very into details and she spent about 5 minutes studying the trim on these pants



7 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Aww...thanks Tiffany! Ditto! Matilda's items are very beautiful and unique...wow! I just love the crib photos. Its amazing how tiny Lily was just 2 years ago! I'll have to pull out the photos from Mikayla in 1996 and see what they look like. Her crib looked like Lily's. Just a few more days until Ty day!!!!!!!!!!!

day by day said...

Always nice to get to Guangzhou....it means Home is right around the corner.

I am laughing with the "drinking error" story!!

Ty is looking so happy...what a Blessing! He is way cute with his little backpack.

Tiffany...the pictures in the post below of you and Lily are just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Lily, Tiffy, & Jeff, your blog brings me joy each time I log on. The pictures of Tybaby & his backpack are adorable; and, Grandpa Ed looks so proud. Lily looks like an angel in her beautiful and unique outfits. My heart goes out to both ladies for their wonderful creations. My prayers continue for dear little Hope's journey home. Love, Mom

Kim said...

Oh boy - do I remember Mr. Carseat. That was a real experience, one I'm trying not to remember.

I just love reading these daily updates. I know I probably shouldn't be laughing at your husbands experience on the flight, but when you sit back and read someone else's experience it really is cute. You also feel better knowing that you weren't the only one who went through that. Good thing he sounds like he has a sense of humor.

As always, love the pictures of Lily!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Ty and Lily in their cribs - with the same patterned comforter - is so touching. Two little angels.

Good eye, Jeff, for recognizing the comforter pattern! Who says guys don't pay attention?!

So glad that you and Ed and Ty will be home soon! Love, Maxine

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ty loves pistachios?? Expensive taste already!! I LOVE the clothes!! I have both MJ & RTS book marked to order from! Just need a little girl :) LIly looks adorable in the carnival outfit!

Nikki said...

I am still really enjoying following the fellas' journey in China...I'm sure you girls are ready for them to come home!!!

And, Lily looks SO darling in her beautiful outfits. I love Matilda Jane's stuff - I think my Lily may need some! Too cute!