Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter... Ty's Room.. They are on the way home

Well, I thought we would be spending the day as a family of 4. But as you all know PLANS CHANGE. Yesterday Lily and I had brunch with Grandma K. So much fun!
Today we went to our annual brunch with my family!
While it was a disappointment yesterday to find out Jeff and Ty wouldn't be home Lily and I still had a great weekend.

Jeff, Grandpa Ed, and Ty are driving home (from Chicago) as we speak. Ty was eating french fries and chicken nuggets... after all it is almost lunch in China.
I think Jeff and Ty will be here around 2am. Lily is sound asleep and I honestly hope she stays that way.

I don't think the reality has quite hit me that Ty will be here in just hours.
I have the same feeling in my stomach that I did on our Gotcha Day for Lily. Understandable since today is my Gotcha Day.
It is sort of nice and different all at the same time to experience Gotcha Day in the comforts of your own home. Same nerves but more comfortable setting.

Thank you to everyone for following our journey!!!!!!! Your comments, prayers, and support have been so wonderful and mean so much to us! I will post some updates as soon as time allows.

In the meantime... here are some Easter pictures....

Brunch with Grandma

Easter Goodies... the frog basket is for Ty

Tulips that Grandma sent Lily and I... Godiva's came with it...YUM



Lily meets Lily

Lily with the Easter Bunny... believe it or not she loved this Easter Bunny... you'd never know it from the pictures. She hopped up to him... asked him if he liked her Tilda Jane dress
(Matilda Jane) and then told him good job bunny when she left....
He patted her on the back and she told me that he was petting her.... followed by NICE BUNNY

Ty's room... keeping it simple at first... we didn't want to overwhelm him and I know how quickly these little rooms fill up... since I took these pictures 2 days ago he has several new books, stuffed animals, and toys
Lily and I made the fabric squares with Ty's name (SO EASY and she thought it was great fun)
We are really hoping that he sleeps in his bed... a crib is on stand by if necessary. However, the orphanage and Jeff both say how much he doesn't like a crib.


10 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ooohhhh, Ty-Baby's room is so cute!
I am praying for you for your calm heart for Gotcha Day! I love that your hubby went to China & can't wait to see you as a family of four!!

Rebel said...

I am so excited for you... my stomach is turning too... I know you will be such a happy family of four! Ty is such a "wild man" just like little boys should be! I say don't worry about a crib... remember my pics... he was up and over it in about 2 seconds. Lilli has not met a crib that she can't get in or out of in about the same amount of time. she is doing great in her toddler bed... I am certain Ty will also!!!

Have a great evening... enjoy your little man!

Hope your Lily's transition is an easy one!

Cheers, Rebel

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I'm so happy your boys are on their way home! I guess you could say that Jeff is delivering your baby...heehee Very nice photos of you with your mom. Your mom is as pretty as you are! :) Lily is just too funny...oh my goodness...you must laugh all day long. I love the comments about the bunny and how she asked him if he liked her dress. Okay...I have to know how to make those letter cubes...Ty's room is adorable!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I can only imagine how you are feeling right now, Tiffany!! We cannot wait to see pictures of Ty with you and Lily. I think it is perfect timing that you will get to meet Ty on your own first and when Lily wakes up...what a wonderful surprise she'll have!

We are so, so happy for you ALL!

BTW, Ty's room looks just perfect!
xo
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

By now your family of four is complete! I loved being with you and Miss Lily for brunch on Saturday, and she was a perfect "lady". Ty's room is so adorable, like a magazine ad, and you ladies did a beautiful job on the letters. Love you very much, Mom

Anonymous said...

It's after 9am on Monday, and your family should all be together by now. We are so happy that your long wait is finally over, and can't wait to see some photos of Mom and Son together!!!
Holly, Randy, and Sophie

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the excitement in your household today! Ty and Jeff are finally "home" - you are living your "Gotcha Day" - Lily is staring at Ty and wondering what she will do with him!!!

So happy for all of you. Enjoy your family! Love, Maxine

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Just thinking of you my friend on your Gotcha Day!!! Together at last...Amen!!!

Jake and Taryn said...

I am so excited for your whole family and I can't wait to see pictures of all of you together! It looks like you still had a wonderful Easter. I also love Ty's room! Too cute! :)

Jessica said...

I am really excited to know that Ty and Jeff are now home with you. Ty's room is so cute! Hope you are having fun with your family of FOUR!!!!