Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back to School

For Tiffany that is.....

Well, not quite back to school but taking a class....

About 4 weeks ago I started taking a photography class with Rawsii (an 8 week online class with assignments due each week) . Christi is our fantastic teacher and the photographer extraordinaire. I have learned so much from her and from my classmates in these 4 weeks.
If anyone is looking to take a great photography class and learn a lot this one is awesome!

I've been taking photos with some of my manual settings for a while now but clearly had NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo idea what I was doing.
The class focuses on what our camera thinks with auto settings and how to operate it on full manual. That means choosing ALL the settings. No camera doing the thinking for me!
YIPPIEEE....

Lily LOVES that mom is taking a class and wants me to explain each assignment to her.
Last week was the first time I needed to photograph a person..... Lily was happy to model.
Ty was too but he thought sticking his tongue out or pulling his eyelids was hilarious so Miss Lily took over..... of course only after she informed him he was being ridiculous.

The assignment was to take a headshot....she said LET'S KNOCK THIS ASSIGNMENT OUT MOM... and then came up with her "serious smile"... shown below.





From our asssignment on shutter speeds....
I took this from the car outside of a local general store....
All the while I had the littles yelling at me from the backseat....
LET ME SEE THE PICTURE MOM.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING.... CAN WE GET OUT.....
DO THEY HAVE ICE CREAM IN THERE..... DO THEY HAVE CANDY.......
CAN I SEE THE PICTURE NOW.... WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT THAT WATER......
CAN I BE IN THE PICTURE.... TAKE A PICTURE OF ME.....CAN I HAVE A PIECE OF GUM.....
I NEED A TISSUE.... DO YOU HAVE GUM IN THE CAR.... WHY ARE WE STOPPED....
Fast shutter speed

Slow shutter speed















10 comments:

day by day said...

Oh, how fun!! I am taking an on-line class starting in a few weeks, too...and I am soooo excited!! I know so little about my camera and am looking forward to learning. yay!

thanks for sharing your homework...GREAT shots!!

love,
Michelle

the meaklims said...

Oh Tiffany! Those pictures are amazing! Good for you! And I had a big laugh about the little shouting all that stuff from the backseat. lol!

I was thinking about a photography class too. I must action that thinking again, it's been about a year since I last thought about it!

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love your daughter's enthusiasm to help. Can you bottle it up and send it my way?? I'm running out of gummy bears, and the bribes are slowly becoming "not good enough"!

So glad you have the same questions as me! We, Tiffs, must think alike!!

I hope after the class we'll still keep in touch so we can continue to "critique" and watch each others skills grow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such cool pictures! You are doing a great job and I love the picture of "serious smile" Lily. As always, she makes me smile and I love that you are explaining everything to her - so she can pretend to take the class also. Wonderful work and thanks for sharing. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

For someone who had a "lot to learn" you still have managed to produce some incredibly wonderful photos over the years! (Lily is so beautiful.)

Love, Auntie M.

amanda77kr said...

That is 10 kinds of awesome! Love the backseat commentary from your Littles fan club.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Wow...that is amazing ...the difference shutter speed makes! That would be my kids...non stop questions/distractions while I'm trying to concentrate. lol
Love the pic of your beautiful Lily Bug!!!

I hope you are doing well. Miss you friend!

Love and blessings,
Robin

The Ordinary Horse said...

Wow, good for you. Those are amazing pictures. I can't get over it. I always wondered why my "auto" camera didn't capture pictures like that and now I know why?! LOL Lily and Ty sound so funny. Beautiful pictures and beautiful subject.

Football and Fried Rice said...

LOVE the commentary!!!! I can just hear it (wait, I AM hearing the same thing right now!!) hahaha...

I have been wanting to take Rawsii for 100 years (or so!) - I'd love to take better pictures on FULL manual!!

Kathy said...

The commentary cracked me up! I could COMPLETELY relate and have often thought how humorous it would be if people could see/hear the WHOLE scene! :)

On a side note--can you share how you were able to post your photos so big? I have wanted to learn how to do that but have no idea where to learn! Can you point me in the right direction?

Hope your assignment went well this week! :)