Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dance Like Children

To say that Lily likes to dance is an understatement.

She hears music.... she dances.
She feels the music.
The music moves her.

Her dancing moves us. It moves our hearts. It brings us to tears.

A few years ago we listened to a song titled "Dance Like Children".... the young guy singing it was strumming his guitar (sort of a coffeehouse feel to the room... at our church camp) ......Lily closed her eyes and began to dance... she was so free and happy.

While performing vacation bible school songs at church (on stage with other children from bible school).......Lily closed her eyes, lifted her head towards the ceiling, arms and hands raised , and began dancing.


We saw the African Children's Choir recently and Lily danced in our aisle almost the entire hour. She did all the same moves they were doing with the same amount of energy.
We thought she might become their first Chinese member. She didn't quite understand why she couldn't be on stage with them. She talked about the choir for days and said, "Mom, those kids are really happy and they smiled a lot".
She was right. If you haven't seen the African Children's Choir I highly recommend it.
I left there feeling MOVED..... Moved by their stories of loss (most have lost one or both parents)... moved by all that they are achieving....moved by their faith in God... moved by my own children dancing.


She is currently taking ballet....
During her first class she announced to her teacher......
I don't really need classes because I already know how to ballet. She went on to explain that she dances ballet in our dining room every day and so she knows ballet really well.


I hope she always Dances Like Children.







9 comments:

day by day said...

What a GREAT post, Tiffany!!! I love, love, love the picture of Lily wearing the green dress and dancing in the water!!! Love how she dances no matter who is around! That reminds me a lot of Sophie. She also loves to dance and is very uninhibited as to where she is or who is around. She does not do so well in dance..sometimes I worry she will get kicked out, but she can dance freestyle soooo well!!!

thanks for sharing your dancing Lily with us...soooo precious!!

love,
Michelle

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a beautiful post!! truly moving - I am sure that Lily gets her soft heart from her Momma - who is teaching her to dance like children long after you become a Mommy.

the meaklims said...

Totally reminds me of the Lee Ann Womack song - I Hope You Dance.

One of ALL TIME FAVOURITES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTQfERb9HVk

Lily is a beautiful girl, she will make a really lovely dancer! :)

Jill xx

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

There is a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. Love, love, love this beautiful post! It melted my heart in a great way. The photo of Lily dancing in the water was sweet as can be. The photo of Lily in front of the window was breathtaking. How amazing that she will dance with such confidence regardless of who may be watching.
Love that Lily bug!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! I cry from tears of joy just looking at Lily the ballet dancer. She is so motivated and has so much spirit in her dance moves - it's truly a blessing to watch her & see these beautiful pictures. What an adorable and dear little girl. I hope she hears our applause and praise each day. Wonderful smile! Love, Grandma Glenda

Megan said...

How precious! What a great post! How fun for Lily to take ballet.

Dita said...

Sounds like dancing is a part of her. I can just see her through your words telling her teacher that she already knows how to ballet! That is so adorable. (That photo of her in class is really beautiful, by the way!)

What a doll she is!

Julie Weber said...

this made me cry! what a great momma you are. :) hope you are well, and the beautiful lily and handsome ty enjoy watching choo choo express as a fam-soon-jeff told us the story the other nite. HILARIOUS!

amanda77kr said...

Love it love it love it, thank you for sharing. I hope she always loves to dance!

I have fond memories of dancing with my Mom, dancing with friends, ballet classes, even now dancing with Brad...so keep making those Lily memories, they'll be with her forever.