Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July


We just returned from a Happy 4th of July weekend on Kelleys Island.

Kelleys Island is one of my favorite places to spend time and of course to take pictures. It is a great place for nature pictures. This weekend was no different.... I took A LOT of pictures and I will post more this week but for now I had to share these .....

If you click on these pictures below you can see some really cool details on the dragonfly, etc.
(That is if you are interested in the details of a bug)


This leaf opening reminded me of praying hands

Dragonfly


Milkweed Bug




9 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Wow! You took some awesome photos! I can see you're enjoying that new lense! :)

day by day said...

Those pictures are GORGEOUS! Looking forward to seeing more of them. Glad you had a nice time away!

If you get a chance..could you e-mail me again and tell me what kind of camera you have. I broke mine and need to buy a new one...so I now have a good excuse to get a SLR. : )

Anonymous said...

It sounds as tho you and Jeff and Lily and Ty had a great time at Kelley's Island with your mom and Russell. Pictures are great.

Auntie Maxine

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

OMGosh! What awesome photos! You are very handy with a camera. I've never heard of Kelly's Island. It sounds like a great place to visit.

Football and Fried Rice said...

These photos are awesome!!!

amanda77kr said...

Hey you with the camera - wonderful shots!! And a Happy Fourth to the Four.

Can I ask what kind of camera you have now and where you shopped? (Mine has kicked the bucket.)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! I never knew a dragonfly was so intricate and pretty! You are a fabulous photographer! We had so much fun this weekend, can't thank you enough for such a wonderful break. Love, Mom

Jake and Taryn said...

LOVE all of your new photos! They are so awesome! Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

Lori said...

Perfectly gorgeous!! Great job...so, so pretty and such brilliant colors!