Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 2 year Gotcha Day Anniversary

I can remember July 11, 2006 like it was yesterday.... Jeff and I woke up at some odd hour (still not on China time and nervous as all get out) in our hard Chinese beds (I actually missed those hard mattresses when we came home)..... we knew the day ahead of us was going to change everything.

We ate the delicious buffet breakfast at our White Swan Hotel (I miss that hotel and buffet so much)... although I can't remember much about breakfast that day. After breakfast we met our guide Lucy in the hotel lobby, got into a HOT taxi, and made the "are we going to die because they drive so crazy in China" drive to the government office.
As we exited the taxi we both looked at each other and didn't have to say a word... we both knew that life was going to change 100% in just minutes.

When they brought Feifei around the corner I could hardly believe this little person that we carried a picture of was right in front of us. She was so tiny, so precious, and so beautiful.
She was so wonderful and we were so in love with this little lady.

I can't believe that day was 2 years ago.

We can't imagine a second without Miss Lily Feifei. What a blessing she is! She is our spunky little angel and we thank God for allowing us to be her parents.

GOTCHA DAY July 11, 2006

2 Years Later

ON TO THE CELEBRATION....
Gotcha Day is right up there (and maybe a little more) with birthdays. So a celebration is in order.
Knowing how much Lily (and Ty) LOVE Dora we thought paying Dora a visit would be a fun way to celebrate. So off to King's Island Amusement Park we headed.
The day started off with a character breakfast.... Lily and Ty didn't eat much but they were shocked when they saw a larger than life Dora right there in the same room.
The minute they saw her the marathon to reach her began.

They both grabbed her and hugged her. Lily commented that Dora couldn't talk because she didn't have a real mouth.
Hee hee

Breakfast was followed by a few rides in the kids part of the park.... all Nickelodeon stuff.
Lily and Ty had SO much fun and so did mom and dad.

Many of you know that I (tiffany) LOVE thrill rides, roller coasters, and anything that doesn't spin. I haven't met a roller coaster or thrill ride that I won't ride. I love them! The higher, faster, and crazier the better. I must mention that I owe this to my dad who made me ride an upside down roller coaster once upon a time... the alternative was to ride the coaster or go home. That is where it all started.
Aside from going as a child this was the most fun I have ever had at an amusement park. It was SOOOO much fun to see how excited Lily and Ty were.
I felt like I was going to the amusement park for the first time.

DORA



King's Island

Dora and Boots (or as Ty says Dorla Boots)

Sportacopter ride..... Lily is still talking about riding the pink helicopter roller coaster.....
not quite moms idea of a roller coaster but it was so much fun

The Big Yellow Station.... if you don't watch Dora this is the train station in the show....
Lily and Ty both recognized it and it was all we could do to keep them in line when they saw the train Azul at the station

This is Azul ..... the train....
Lily, Ty, Mom, and Dad all fit into this small train. I am pretty sure Azul was at capacity.
Jeff couldn't move an inch and I had to buckle him in. He mentioned to the ride attendant that he could waive the seatbelt rule. Lily, Ty, and the attendant looked at him like he was from another planet. SOOOOO... I had to buckle him in. I laughed so hard I was crying.

Their little jaws just dropped from the excitement of being on Azul

Driving the Diego cars... this was the only ride that mom and dad didn't have to ride with them. They sure didn't miss us.....


13 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like such a fun day!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a fun way to celebrate Gotcha Day!!! Such cute, fun photos!!! I love the photo of the kids hugging Dora and the mouth drop photos. You have such a beautiful family!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! The pictures tell a story of a simply perfect day; and, the littles are beautiful. Congratulations on the 2year Gotcha Day Anniversary! Your dear little children have not only enriched your life - but ours too. What adorable photos! Love, Mom

Kim said...

Congratulations on your 2 year Gotcha Day! Looks like everyone had a great day. Love Lily and Ty's smiles!

Anonymous said...

If it's possible, Lily is even more beautiful and more precious today than ever. She is much loved.

Love, Auntie Maxine

Jake and Taryn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary!! I am loving your King's Island picture! Ty and Lily are just SO CUTE together!! :)

P.S.-I am dying to go to King's Island! I have not been in a VERY long time! Looks like such a fun family day!

day by day said...

Hi Tiffany!

Happy Gotcha Day to you all!! I love the before and after pictures of the 3 of you!!!

Looks like you had a fun day celebrating!! I used to love the thrill rides, also (anything that did not spin) but age has changed that for me...for some odd reason!

Loved all of your pictures, Tiffany...the ones with Dora are really cute!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 2 year Gotcha Day. What a wonderful day spent by all. What a fun day.
Love Mary

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy 2 year GOTCHA!!!!! Lily was such a peanut on gotcha day. What a fun way to celebrate this special milestone :)

amanda77kr said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!! Wow, it's really been two years?! Happy day! Those two look super excited to see Dora and the other characters. How very cool!

Oh, and yes, I know how much you like roller coasters. Tiffany rode the twin racers at Cedar Point with me - my first roller coaster ride. It was all downhill from there (and uphill, and upside down,...)

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

Congratulations!! What an awesome day! Our first GD is coming up in a few weeks and I can't wait to celebrate. I love, love LOVE roller coasters too and rides that DON'T spin (no D.land teacups for this gal but give me Space Mtn and Calif. Screamin' anytime!)

I will have to get to Kings Island one of these days..esp since my brother and fam live in Cincinnati.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Tiffany, this has got to be one of the best posts...beginning w/ your Gotch Day recollection (love those!) and the gorgeous family photos and then the fun at the amusement park. Wow! I know you love watching your 2 beautiful childrens' eyes open in awe at the world around them. Something isn't it? This entry made my day! Congrats to Lily. Thanks for sharing your camera info too; I hate mine and have wanted a new one...not that it will instantly make me the photographer that you!! Hee, hee... Hugs to you all! Sarah & Miss E.

Lori said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for thinking of me (even though it was through our friend Martha) and for the comment! :)
Kings Island looks like it was a complete blast!! I haven't been there in soooo long, I'm sure it's changed alot! Your children look so adorable together and their smiles say it all! I love the picture of them with Dora~ so, so cute!! People must ask you if they're twins?! :0
I'm so glad your celebration was such a memorable and happy time~ what a way to celebrate!!
Happy two years with your sweet Lily girl!!