Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Someday I will thank God

I hesitated to share this story because it feels so personal. But it is too sweet not to share. It is a reminder of how special the miracle of adoption is.

This is one of those moments I want to always remember. I tried to write down each word that Lily said because it was so special and touched my heart so deeply.

Several weeks ago....
The littles were sitting on their bar stools enjoying a snack.... I was making a side dish to take to a BBQ.... Jeff was mowing.....
When Lily says....
Lily~ Cows come from Pigs!
Me~ Lil, cows come from cows, pigs come from pigs.
Lily~ HOW?
Me~ The same way that people are born.
Lily~ When I get older I am going to have a baby in my belly like Julie did (Julie is a good friend of ours that just had baby Lucy... when baby Lucy was born Julie did a great job of answering Lily's MANY detailed questions)
Me~ That is great Lily and when you have babies I will be their grandma.
Lily~ Some ladies don't have babies in their belly mom.... like you... and that is ok too
Me~ That is true Lily and even though you weren't in my belly I love you the same as if you were
Lily~ A special lady had Lily and Ty in her belly
Me~ Yes... a special lady had you in her belly and a different special lady had Ty in her belly and God had that all planned out long ago.... God chose you to be our daughter... God chose Ty to be our son.....God chose us to be your parents.... and God chose the the special ladies that would carry you in their bellies. He knew this plan LONG ago.
Lily~ God knew you would come to China to bring Lily and Ty home?
Me~ Oh yes he did and that is all part of his wonderful plan for our family.
Lily~ Someday when I go to heaven I will thank God for the special lady and for bringing us home from China to our mom and dad.
Me~ I thank him for that every day.......
Lily~ Let's say a prayer mom right now to thank him

And so she did....

As I type this now it brings me to happy tears once again. I will forever be in awe and thanks for how our family was created!!!!!

OH how I love this photo. We were sitting on the back porch watching birds. I happened to have my camera when Lily shut her eyes... I asked what she was thinking.... and she said she was thanking God for the birds.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful story, and though I remember hearing it - it still makes me cry and smile at the same time. What a precious and beautiful outlook Miss Lily has - she loves unconditionally and thanks God for things we take for granted! Lily is beautiful inside and out - and, teaches us each day we love God because he first loved us. Love, Mom

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Tiffany - thank you for sharing - i, too, have happy tears. Lily is so intuitive and full of faith - SHE is what Jesus was talking about when He told us to have childlike faith...

p.s. I would have thought she'd have got caught up with the part about how you'll be her babies' GRANDMA!!

Unknown said...

wow. How precious! I'm Rachel's (your sister-in-law) sister and she shared your blog with me. I really enjoy keeping up with the stories and pictures you share, and can't wait to have my own niece/nephew to watch him/her grow... soon! Thanks for sharing stories here.

Pat Ramos said...

Happy Tears here too, thanks for sharing. You answered her questions oh so very well.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

OMgosh, Tiffany, that is just beautiful. I'm so glad you decided to share it. I think you chose just the right words for Lily to understand her story. I've thought about this so many times...how our girls would come to understand their beginnings. Sure sounds like you doing a great job with Lily and Ty.

Thanks again for sharing!
Carolyn
...as the tears fall down my cheeks...

Shirley H. said...

Thanks for sharing!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh Tiffany...that is such a touching and beautiful story! Thank you for making the choice to share it. Her words would make the perfect little storybook for adopted children? Lily has such wisdom for such a young child and to be so thankful to God just amazes me. It does not surprise me ...knowing the wonderful family that God planned for her so long ago. She is beautiful...just like her mommy! :)

Hugs my friend!
Love,
Robin

Jessica said...

I love Lily's heart. I too have tears in my eyes after reading your post. Absolutely beautiful!

amanda77kr said...

That is absolutely precious; brings tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful parent with a special daughter indeed! That's such a loving way to answer her questions.

Julie Weber said...

I am so glad you shared this!! I am tearing up-I love those littles and so glad that we can share in their lives. You are a great mom, and I look forward to your advice with for my Lucy. God has blessed Lily and Ty for sure.

Anonymous said...

wow. amazing story. thank you so much for sharing it. it made me cry. but, they were happy tears. you guys are awesome and i'm so glad to be your friend!! =)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you so much for sharing.... what a beautiful conversation... sharing God's plan and the miracl eof our babies. So sweet.
I love the pic and her prayer while you took the pic was just priceless.

Mommy Mash said...

Thanks for sharing!

It's really beautiful and touching conversation between u and your little girl.

Mel, Pete and Clara said...

how amazingly smart and insightful children are! this just shows what a great job you and Jeff do as parents, I'm going to print this post out and put it with our adoption papers, thanks for sharing. mel

Anonymous said...

You are so right-what a sweet story! Thanks for sharing! It brought tears to my eyes! Cheryl