Tuesday, February 5, 2008

LOA is here!

This morning I was making breakfast and also trying to get a ziploc bag of frozen chili out of the freezer when the phone rang. I am quite sure my mind is going or it is gone. I do the craziest things...... the other day I made a BIG pot of chili and decided to freeze some of it. I put it in Ziploc freezer bags and put it on the shelf in the freezer. Being a liquid in a bag it sort of formed to the shelf and the spaces in between (it didn't leak... it is still in the bag). Needless to say it stuck. So, I was in the freezer with a hammer trying to loosen it (another genius idea of mine). That is when the phone call came from our adoption agency. Mind you the whole time Lily is yelling in the background.... I WANT BREAKFAST MOM...... I SO HUNGRY...... YOU HAVE HAMMER IN FRIGADATOR..........
Of course she sees me answer the phone and proceeds to yell....... I NEED M & M.... I NEED FRUIT......
Normally I wouldn't have answered the phone (with so much noise going on from Lily) but I saw the call was coming from our adoption agency.
I am sure they wonder what in the world is going on at our house.

SOOOO back to the call...... we received our LOA (Letter of Approval) today. What an exciting surprise and a HUGE step in this process. This is our official approval from China to adopt Ty.
Our packet of paperwork is scheduled to arrive from DHL tomorrow. Then we wait for Travel Approval. If all goes according to recent time trends we are thinking and hoping travel will be the end of March.

Can I just say YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

Now I better really get busy!!!! OH MY!

****Check out our new family pictures below****

One of my favorite Ty pictures taken in August right after we got our referral.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!! I've been waiting for you to post those glorious words! Here's to a speedy TA!!!!

Jen, Dan, Jasmyn & Jewel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are thrilled for your family and cannot wait to meet that little fellow!!! We are more than happy to ad Ty to Sophie's list of playmates!!!

Dawn said...

YEAH!!!! I heard of a few people getting their's yesterday and wondered if you would be next, and you were!!! I am so excited for you to go get that little guy!! Congratulations!!!!

Lori said...

Oh congratulations Tiffany~ that is wonderful!! I'm so excited for you to be traveling NEXT MONTH!! :0
Sorry, but had to laugh about the chili! :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

WOO-HOO!!!!! That rocks!! I am SOOOOOO excited to travel to China "with" you:) Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

YIPEEEEEE! Doing the "happy dance" in St. Louis! I am laughing so hard from your post...what a funny story! LOVE the photo of Ty...cute, cute, cute!!!

Jessica said...

We are so excited for you! I can't wait to meet little Ty. Yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Megan said...

WAHOO! That is great news. We are so happy for you guys! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you get ready!

And that is a hilarious story - I love the image of you whacking at the chili with a hammer. :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!! Here's hoping for a speedy TA. I can't wait to follow along your journey in China!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about your ordeal with the chili/frig and Miss Lily in the background; oops my boss is staring at me! :)
We are so thrilled about your news and can't wait to see our new little grandson. He will be a welcome addition to the family. Congratulations and lots of love.
Mom/Gamma

Jake and Taryn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are one step closer to Ty!! I am so excited for you all and it's only one month away!!

I also just LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture you posted of Ty! I can certainly see why it is one of your favorites! He is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful to hear!  We are so happy for you!  You can say "yippee" as often and as loud as you want!!!!!!!!!Note:  How was the chili?  ;-)

day by day said...

Woo Hoo!!!
Wonderful news!
It won't be long now before you have sweet little Ty in your arms.

I love that picture of Ty, also...so precious. So is the family picture in the post below! We really have no luck with family photos around here.

Congratulations again and here's hoping for a speedy TA!!

amanda77kr said...

Whooppppeeeee!!!!

regionsauvage said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to follow your journey to Ty.

Congratulations, and a happy lunar new year.

Valérie