Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

I am one of those people that loves to celebrate!!! I love all the decorations that go along with holidays and parties.

Our FCC (Families with Children From China) doesn't have their big Chinese New Year celebration until next weekend. So, I figured we might as well celebrate at home today and each year.
We have a big lantern hanging... with a boy and girl on it. Lily thought this was great fun to get out the ladder and hang it way up high (her words). She says that the boy and girl are Lily and Ty.
I also found the cutest throw pillows with a boy and girl on them... again Lily and Ty.
Lily had her one and only RED Chinese outfit on (we have several pink ones that fit but only one red). She started the day off with a Red M & M and a Rat ornament for her Christmas tree.

Tonight Jeff is bringing home some Chinese food from one of our favorite restaurants and I have a red envelope for Lily with a coin for her PIG (her word for her piggy bank).

It appears that I am not the only one who loves to celebrate..... Lily is loving it and has told anyone and everyone Happy New Year!

She thought maybe next year Ty could reach her up to hang the lantern. I told her he probably wouldn't be tall enough and she looked at me as if to say, "I realize that mom".
She said, "He is going to be very strong MOM... he can do it". Looks like she has it all figured out.


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I just love that little Lily. She says the cutest things. Happy Chinese New Year! Chinese food sounds great to me!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Where did you find your throw pillows? They are DARLING!! This is such a great time of year for your family - LOA AND CNY - couldn't get much better:)

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Happy New Year! Great photos! We went out for Chinese and went to China town tonight to buy some bamboo and red envelopes...our tradition.

day by day said...

How fun! Our FCC celebration is this week-end and we are looking forward to it.

Adorable pictures!!

Thanks for your prayers for Sophie!

Anonymous said...

I Love Lily's expressions and she looks gorgeous. Are you sure she is only three and not 30? Love, Gamma

Jake and Taryn said...

Lily is such a DOLL! I love all of your pictures! Happy Chinese New Year!! Just think, next year you will have Lily AND Ty home for this celebration!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collage you have put together - bright colors, festive items and lovely Princess Lily in the midst of it all!  She looks so happy!  Every time I use one of my Chinese New Year postage stamps, I think of her and Ty! 

Dawn said...

What cute decorations!! Love the pillows!! I can't wait for your pics next year with Ty!!

Steffie B. said...

Ok....I MUST know where you got the pillows....they are darling! And what are the two fabric pictures?

Steffie B. said...

DUH...ok...it's early give me a break...I am still on my first cup of jave....I see now noe that they are fabrics of the pillows.

Um.....I NEED THOSE! ;) Get back with me girl! ;)

Nikki said...

Love your collage - Lily is darling as always and so are all your fabulous decorations.
Happy CNY!