Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Flowers

It is SOOOOO cold here and I am NOT a fan of cold. I love all of the seasons except winter.
Winter and a little snow are fine during Christmas........ then I am ALL done with it. Anything under 60 is just too cold for me.
My dream address would include Hawaii where the temps change very little and flowers bloom all year.

Ok enough whining...... right?
Well, other than escaping to warmer climates the one thing that helps me to get through winter is fresh flowers. I know it might sound small but a vase of them on the counter does wonders for my winter blahs.
The ground can be covered with snow... the temperature might be 15 degrees... it might be gray outside but fresh flowers look so sunny and happy. Each time I look at them I forget that it feels like a deep freeze outside.
They also make for great pictures!!!!

So until my address says Hawaii this is what gets me through the winter.....




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "sunshine moments"!

Dawn said...

I needed to see these today, it is FREEZING here today!!

day by day said...

Oh, I needed those flowers, too!! Thank-you! We are also experiencing 10 degree weather and I am NOT a fan of the cold. I am with you on the Hawaii address. : )

Nikki said...

I'm with you - I'm ready for warm weather again...love the flowers. What a GREAT idea.

Lori said...

Yea for happy flowers~ I have some in my house this week too and just did a picture post of them too! :)
We think alike.
I'll visit when you get that Hawaii address!

amanda77kr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda77kr said...

Aahh...thank you for that. That's a great idea!
I'm pushing for a Florida address personally. :-D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers and a breath of spring! Thanks so much for making my day! Love you, Mom

regionsauvage said...

I fully agree about winter. Hawaii would be a nice place to live. I have to check it out. I just went skiing, and it's nice but I'd rather be in my shorts hiking.