Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is Christmas Over?

Aside from all the Christmas decorations being down you might wonder if it is still Christmas in our house. The littles are still singing Christmas carols, watching Christmas movies, and talking about Christmas.

They were all set to head back to school this week (preschool, ballet, Chinese school).... or should I say I was all set for them to head back this week. Awful I know.... I loved having them home the last 2 weeks of December but they were ready to get back to their routine and so was I.
On Sunday they both had a slight fever and sneezing. Monday morning it seemed everyone was fine. Monday afternoon everyone is acting very tired and says they need to take it easy. At this point I was thinking OH NO... they can't be getting sick. Tuesday morning comes and I was wrong... they were getting sick... the littles have been home all week.



Monday afternoon watching a show to take a little break (Lil's words..... notice how they set up camp right beside each other.... Lily is NOT picking her nose by the way...)

A Christmas show in fact....
If you walked into our house today you would have seen them set up on the couch the exact same way with this exact show on.....

After a week in the house I feel like this slinky....hee hee
This is Ty's slinky after the New Year's Eve get together at our house....
This was the only damage after 6 kids under the age of 6 played together for 7 hours....

6 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I hope Lily and Ty are feeling better and that next week brings back some routine. The photo of slinky is a hoot! It sort of looks like a robot. Not too bad for 6 little people. My 2 do much more damage on a daily basis. I have been stuck in this house all week and I think I will join the slinky club with you! :)

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Robin

amanda77kr said...

Way for the slinky to take one for the team! Heh.

Maybe it's the 24 Days of Christmas?? Love it! Gotta admit that me and the gal I share an office with had Christmas music on in July and she decorated the office for my Nov. birthday with Christmas ornaments that of course stayed up. Our boss has given up on us. It's a fun, colorful holiday!

Hope everyone's on the mend now and that you didn't catch it (!!).

Unknown said...

Hope the Littles feel better soon, but they look so comfy on the sofa. Mr. Slinky looks very twisted and may be showing up in the garbage soon huh? That is a riot - never knew a slinky could be bent so many ways! Too cute! Love, Mom

Dita said...

Oh, how FUNNY....You and the Slinky!

Those two are so incredibly off the Cute Meter I can completely see how you would have wanted them to stay home regardless if they were sick or not.
Hope they're feeling better!

Love the photos!
Dita

Unspoken said...

Tiffany it is good to see you! Thanks for your words to my recent post!

Steffie B. said...

Yes.....our slinkys ended up the same way and into the trash....hope they are both feeling better soon! ;)