Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black and White

The other day someone asked me if I was in a funk....
My answer was..... maybe... then I wondered what in the world I looked like to prompt that ?.
January... or better yet... the one season I am not fond of (WINTER) makes me feel blah....

Then a few days later....
While eating breakfast with the littles I looked out the back door... from my breakfast chair... and the view outside was void of color. It was gray.....barely black and white.
The proof is below.....
This picture didn't capture the thin layer of misty fog hanging in the air.... which certainly didn't add much color to the scene.....


With December comes all the excitement of the holiday season. We get so busy in all the fun that I don't notice the lack of sun.

But January arrives and I notice.

Last January we were packing boxes, planning a move, and getting ready for a big change.

The previous January we were packing suitcases, planning for an addition, and getting ready for a big change. (Ty)

This year we are living our life as a family of 4.... in our home that we love very much!

We have SOOOO much to be thankful for... we have God, we have each other, we have family, we have friends, we have health, we have jobs, we have a home, we have food, we have clothing on our backs.... LIFE IS GOOD!

On that same gray day I took out my camera... something I have actually neglected in the last few weeks.... I took photos of Lily and Ty in their beautiful Chinese outfits (a yearly tradition) .
I thought to myself how thankful I am that even on such a gray day I am blessed with these little rays of sunshine!


Then I reminded myself that our gray view outside will be green again just like it was last year (this was taken the last week of April 2009)......

8 comments:

the meaklims said...

Oh that is beautiful Tiffany!

I love the picture of the littles and is that tree a cherry blossom? It is so my favourite. It reminds me of my childhood. My birthday is May 2nd and we always had my birthday party under the cherry tree in our front yard, which was always in full bloom!

I hear you on the winter thing too.

Jill xx

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a beautiful post, Tiffany!
We are truly blessed and your children are truly gorgeous!!!

Now hurry on Spring...we are waiting for you!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

You are so positive and it rubs off on those around you! Your Littles are definitely a ray of sunshine - but so are you! Love God's creations and your photos make it seem "possible" to think of spring. You are all a blessing and thanks for the dear sweet posting. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Maybe some bunches of colorful plastic flowers stuck in the ground would help - maybe a few plastic pink flamingoes here and there! ;-) The grayness is hard to handle for everyone, I think.

Seriously, how about a couple of evergreen trees - Scotch pine or Blue Spruce! Birds love to hide in them - and they stay green all year long! I wish I had planted them instead of trees!

Love, Auntie M.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Hi Tiffany, this is Tiffanie from the Raw Class. . .Loved reading about your family and your kiddos are gorgeous! I love the name FeiFei. . .my deceased mom's name was Fay. We are still LID for China, and her name is to be Morgan Fay, maybe I'll change it to Fei since my newest addition is Addison Fay. . .hmmm!!!

So we have two things in common! Love for photography and taste in clothes! Gracyn has the same outfits as Lily! TOO funny, and Ty is dressed just like I dress my Peyton! Looking forward to getting to know you. You do beautiful work! I'll have to pick your brain on how you get your photos so large on your blog!

momwithfaithandhope said...

It's me again - hope you don't mind that I added your blog to my list of bloggy pals??? Let me know if I should remove it. Thx

Lora said...

Hi Tiffany,

I actually love winter. I think your gray photo is beautiful! I wished you and your camera had been with me the other morning as I walked the children to the bus with the dog. There was a light layer of frost on the trees that was just starting to melt into tiny drops of water. It was early so the sun was at an angle and those drops of water looked like tiny Christmas lights sprinkled throughout the trees. I'd never seen anything like it. I took a mental photo, but how I wished for a real photographer to take a good photo. I didn't even have my phone camera with me, so I have nothing but my mental image. Just a few sparkles of reflected light here and there in the woods, no wires.

amanda77kr said...

I agree with your thoughts...we had just moved a year ago, and now we're happily settling in. You always know how to find the positive!

Ironically (coincidentally?) I dug out my camera this morning to capture the still, grey, snow covered trees across the street. It was bleak but peaceful.

Winter should last from Thanksgiving to New Years and go straight to spring, eh?

Pink flamingos in the back yard...not a bad idea...(Brad would die!)