Monday, March 23, 2009

Mission Completion

Lily loves that line from the show Little Einsteins.
That line reminds me of the feeling I had at the end of the day on March 13th... Our move day.

It has been a little over a week and we are feeling somewhat settled... boxes are still here and there .......some areas have more boxes but don't we have our whole lives to unpack? I say that to myself because it makes me feel better. hee hee

The move day went well and the littles did fabulous for such a long day. Mom and dad didn't do too bad either. Mr. Marshall (12 year old Persian) did wonderful as well. We woke up at the crack of dawn, got ready, ate a very unhealthy McD's breakfast, and then waited on the movers. The movers ended up being an hour and 1/2 late.
Lily, myself, and Mr. Marshall loaded into the mini van and headed 2.5 hours to the new house. Lily watched shows and played with everything in her purse.... she pointed out the fact that the mini van was too full and she was feeling crowded (bathroom stuff, bedding, etc).
Marshall travels without a carrier.... the idea of stuffing a very furry Marshall into a cat carrier is something I never want to repeat (I found out when he was a kitten that he travels best and happier without a carrier). He meowed for about 30 minutes, stood up in the car window like a dog, and then slept the rest of the way.

The boys stayed at the old house while the movers loaded all of our furniture and stuff....Ty played on his comwooter (computer), went to lunch, and watched the movers.

The afternoon brought the boys and the movers to the new house with all of our stuff.

The littles were in their beds by 9pm. (not too bad for moving day)
They were SOOO excited about their new rooms that are the same color as their old rooms.

I hope this is our last move for a VERY LONG time.....

Now that I am feeling a little (keyword being little) caught up I promise to post more soon.

In the meantime here are some photos from Jeff's camera.

Lily saying goodbye to her preschool teacher Miss Mary

The littles.... the finding of Halloween costumes while mom is packing.....


Waiting on movers


Still waiting on movers.....
Should you wonder... I am just kneeling behind Lily and Ty.... Lily however is riding her
pony boy....

Ty making sure the movers get everything...he wanted to ride in the big truck.

All loaded up... always nice to see your belongings piled on top of each other...

6 comments:

day by day said...

Oh, I am glad to see you are all moved in and starting to feel settled! Moving is such hard work...mentally and physically. I bet Ty was in his glory with all of the moving truck excitement...boys love that kind of stuff!

Those purple wigs are too cute!

I would love to see pics of your new home once you are all settled in.


Happy New Home!!
take care!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your move! Knowing you, the new house will be organized perfectly - especially with all the help you'll get from the Littles! The pictures are adorable and I love the wigs they are so fun. Ty looks like the boss of that moving truck! Love the picture of the three of you - so precious. Hang in there and can't wait to see your new house! Love you all very much, Mom

the meaklims said...

Oh Tiffany - I can't imagine what hard work it is moving with children. That is so sweet that you painted the kids rooms the same colour, you are just so thoughtful!

I love the wigs!

Congrats on your new house. I'm sure it is just beautiful.

Jill xx

The Ordinary Horse said...

Tiffany, I've checked your blog a few times anxious to see pics of you all in your new home. So glad to see this wonderful post. Moving is so exhausting; the packing, organizing, living w/out what is packed while you wait to move; the actual move, unpacking, settling in, etc...I'm wiped out just thinking about it for you! Glad you were all smiles for that picture. The littles are precious as always; the wigs, hilarious! And Ty in the back of the moving van, I can imagine him directing the big, burly movers!! So cute! Made me tear a big seeing Lily say goodbye to her teacher. I know you've left behind such a huge part of your life. This next chapter is going to bring just as much happiness! Hugs to you all; get some rest...Sarah and Eliza

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Getting the kids in bed by 9pm on moving day is huge! I'm lucky to get that accomplished any day. :)

Love your little purple people! :)

Thank goodness Ty made sure you didn't forget anything! What a cutie!

Lily always cracks me up with her funny comments!

It sounds like everything went well...woohoo! I can't wait to see photos of life in your new home.

Congratulations!!!

Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Movers are always late - it's a Union rule, I think. But it looks as though you all made a happy day of it anyway. I just love the picture of Lily & Ty looking into the trunk while wearing their wigs! And am I wrong or do Ty and his Grandpa N have a common passion for trucks!? Ty really does look as tho he has just seen to it that this truck was packed properly! Love, Auntie M.