Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing everyone a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!
We are so thankful for the many blessings we have in life....
God, family, friends, a roof over our head, food, and our health.

Lily is super excited about Thanksgiving and to eat turkey (even though she never eats turkey). Her preschool has been doing all sorts of fun things to teach the kids about Thanksgiving.
She had a Harvest Party at school (mom, dad, and Ty were invited and Lily was so proud).
They made mini pumpkin pies today and each student got one to take home.
They made all sorts of Thanksgiving crafts and artwork.
Today they were using turkey basters to put water on little foam turkeys.
They go over all the things they are thankful for and even made
I am Thankful For books...
Lily's book says...
I am Thankful For
Mom
Dad
Ham and Cheese (she RARELY eats Ham)
Jesus



Needless to say she is REALLY excited for Thanksgiving....

Ty just repeats what Lily says (in regards to Thanksgiving).... he has been saying eat turkey over and over...

Today Lily and I were teaching him how to say Happy Thanksgiving... I quickly noticed it seemed to be a good time for a video.....

FYI.........Ty is still about one inch shorter than Lily but he has passed her in weight....... what he hasn't passed her in YET is strength.... I have no doubt that will change someday but for now she can hold her own with Ty and he knows it....

This video has them both saying Happy Thanksgiving (that was Ty's second attempt at it) and then Lily saying she is thankful for Ty



12 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I'm cracking up over here!!! Oh if we could only bottle that energy. Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family! I am thankful this year for your friendship! :)

luv
me

Mel, Pete and Clara said...

oh. my. goodness. hilarious video! Love the enthusiasm as Lily tackles Ty, I'll be coming back to watch this over and over.

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

That is hilarious! I showed it to Nate and when Lily tackled Ty his eyes got big and he said "WHOA!" Then he asked to see it again. hahahaha!! Happy Thanksgiving to your family too!

Anonymous said...

What a funny little video! I'm still laughing at their enthusiastic greetings. I'm so thankful for you, Jeff, Lily & Ty -because you bring me so much happiness and smiles. L & T are beautiful gifts. Love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this moment of joy in your household! We are thankful that Lily and Ty are happy and healthy - although Ty may not have been in such good shape after this tackle!

Auntie Maxine & Uncle Mike

amanda77kr said...

That is absolutely precious!! Oh my goodness how adorable. I am thankful for my cousin and her whole family and maybe also mashed potatoes. :-)

the meaklims said...

Gosh, that cracked me right up! You have the cutest kids!

Have a wonderful thanksgiving, we have so much to be thankful for. Thanks so much for being such a wonderful friend.

Love, Jill xx

Kim said...

Too cute!

Megan said...

HA HA! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Did your kids like turkey?

Julie Weber said...

hope you guys had a great thanksgiving. what a great video. those are two really cute turkeys you got there. :)

The Ordinary Horse said...

I hope neither Ty or Lily ended up w/ a bump on the head! Nice wrestle move from Lily. Hilarious! Oh my. That looked like so much fun. How cute. Thanks for sharing that and making me smile today!

Steffie B. said...

OMW....they are just like Sophia and Daniel! ;) Too cute!