Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day of pre-school for Lily

Well, Lily really loved her first day of pre-school. I decided that taking Ty with us on this first day was not a good idea. I knew he would have a meltdown if he couldn't stay with Lily. So it was just Lily and Mom. I am happy to say there were NO TEARS from Lily or mom.

When we got in the car I looked back at her and I couldn't believe that my baby was going to pre-school.... it seems like yesterday we were putting her in the car seat for the first time.
I fought back a tear or two in that moment (which she didn't see). I smiled at her and she said, "I am SO excited mom".

We got to pre-school and she couldn't wait to get out of the car. As we walked into the classroom she took off her coat and backpack and left both where they fell. I showed her where she needs to hang them up and she put her name on the chart to say she was there. We made a potty stop and then she was ready for action.... I told her I loved her and told her to have fun... she said, "OK MOM... love you.. you have fun too".


A month ago I ordered a personalized backpack and apparently so did everyone else because it has yet to arrive.
So, I personalized (nothing fancy as you can tell... just a Sharpie) her Dora backpack until the other arrives.

When I asked her if she was going to have fun at school she said, "YES" and made this funny face..... oh boy..... I hope her teacher is prepared.....

Come on mom... no more pictures.... I am ready to get in that school

In action right away



When I returned from taking Lily to school Ty was waiting with his jacket and backpack on. He wanted to go to school also.....



I took him shopping for new tennis shoes and he thought that was wonderful. He also wanted me to carry him through the mall which is rare... When we left the shoe store he gave me a kiss and said, "Dank you momma".
(Thank you momma)

When we picked Lily up she was so excited to see us and said she had a GREAT time. Her teacher said she did wonderful.
Ty didn't want to leave the classroom. Lily SO KINDLY reminded him he is too young for pre-school.
I asked Lily what she did in class and she said, "I am too tired to talk about it mom".

After lunch at home she told me she played the maracas, played in the kitchen, had a snack, sang songs, had story time, and played on senseeeeee tables (sensory tables).

18 comments:

RamblingMother said...

how sweet. what a big girl. and ty is adorable.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That just sounds like a perfect first day of school! She sure looks cute in her pink apple dress. Tell Ty that time with mom and new shoes are way better than school. :)

Megan said...

Way to go Lily and Mom! Isn't that the truth - I had to work HARD at not crying myself that first day when Doug happily walked in. So glad Lily likes preschool! She looks super cute all ready to go with her Dora backpack! And Ty too - won't be long for him!

Kim said...

What a great day for Lily. You can see her excitment in her little face - to funny!

Enjoy your time with Ty. He is just adorable!

Jessica said...

Ok..can she possibly be any cuter? I don't think so. I have to admit that I shed a few tears when I read your blog. What a big sweet girl Lily is!
And then there is Ty Baby...oh, what a cutie. It will be nice to have that special time with him while Lily is at preschool. You are such a great mom, Tiffany!

Nikki said...

Yay for Lily!!!! So glad she is loving preschool...it IS amazing that we are to this point already isn't it!? My Lil starts on Monday.
Also glad you were able to have some sweet time alone with Ty.
XO

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds as though Lily took her first steps into the "outside" world with a big smile and a positive attitude! A great beginning for a wonderful little girl!

Love, Auntie Maxine

Dawn said...

What a big girl!! She is just beaming!

The Ordinary Horse said...

How wonderful! Loved the pics and the pics of poor Ty ready to go to school when you got home. Congrats to Lily!

Sarah

The Ordinary Horse said...

Oh, I also meant to say: I know, isn't it amazing that our girls are off to school already? I had the same thought in the car when I looked in the rearview mirror.

Sarah

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a big girl!! Did Ty miss her like Crazy Cakes!?! I can't wait to see her new backpack (when it comes in!!)

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

What an exciting day! Sounds like she had a great time (I love her responses!) I'm not ready for Nate to go to preschool yet...hard to think that he's getting closer to that.

Steffie B. said...

Ahhhhhhh....life is good! ;)

amanda77kr said...

Oh my heart did a little skip to see Ty in his jacket and backpack! Sounds like Lily had HUGE fun, which is awesome.

Time sure does fly!

Anonymous said...

Lily is so brave and beautiful! I'm so happy that she loves her teacher and is ready for new experiences. It's so sweet that Ty wanted to go too. He is so cute, loving and dear. What a special day for all of you; but bittersweet too. Love you all. Mom

Julie Weber said...

oh my. i love it. they are both so adorable. i can't believe she was too tired to talk, drama-already. :)she's so funny!

Lori said...

How sweet to read the details of Lily's first day and I'm so glad to hear she did so well! She is just so adorable and little Ty, oh my! How cute that he was waiting with his backpack. :) You have two of the sweetest children ever!! Your such a great Mom Tiffany!

day by day said...

Hi Tiffany!

I am sorry I missed this post! Yay for Lily and her first day of school! Her first day was the same as Ella's. I am so happy for her that she loved the whole school experience!!