Saturday, January 22, 2011

How Great Thou Art

My Grandma.....

Four months ago she passed away.... and I can't believe that I typed those words.

Today I delivered 2 pieces of her furniture and mirrors to be refinished.... and today would have been her birthday. Which I thought was kind of neat.

When I was little I would ask my grandma if she was going to live forever to which she would say no. Then I would ask her if she was going to live to be really old to which she would say I hope so honey. I would go on to tell her that I didn't want her to ever die because I would miss her too much. She would rub my head and tell me not to worry about it that she wasn't going anywhere.

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents when I was growing up. My brother and I loved spending time with them. We were there every weekend, summer, or minute possible.

I never thought the day would come that she or they wouldn't be here.

I can still hear her voice!!

I miss her so much!!

Lily says, "Mom don't be sad.... she is with Jesus and she is still in your heart".

SO true!!!!!!!

When I heard How Great Thou Art (one of her favorite hymns) at church just a week after she passed away I knew she was right there... in my heart!!!





10 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Tiffany, that is a beautiful picture of your grandmother. It sounds like you have many wonderful memories of her. It's so hard to move on without the ones we love and death is so hard no matter what the age. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture and thank you for so eloquently putting into words the feelings in you heart. Mom is smiling now and will never cry again, or be sad. You were such a special part of her life. Thank you for remembering her birthday and for loving her so much. Love, Mom (I miss her too.)

amanda77kr said...

You always know just what to say and how to express it. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Birthday, Claire!

the meaklims said...

I'm so so sorry for your loss Tiffany.

I got goosebumps reading this and the reason I did is because of the question you asked her when you were little. And how Lily is now taking care of you.

It is so great to have wonderful memories. And you have some amazing ones...I know. You will never listen to How Great Thou Art without thinking about her. She sounded amazing.

Hugs. Jill. xox

Lori said...

Aawww, Tiffany, I'm sorry.
Happy Birthday to your grandma...you have the same beautiful, sparkly eyes as her!!
Thanks for the comment, so happy to hear from you!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

tears....

That was so beautiful, Tiffany...and so was your grandma!

So grateful for happy memories of those we miss so much.

Love and hugs!

Megan said...

So sorry Tiffany. Hugs, Megan

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to remember her birthday, Tiffany. Of course you know she would hate this picture because she didn't have on all of her makeup!
Mother loved each of her grandchildren - you were all special to her in different ways. A few yrs. ago, @ one of our family Christmas dinners (@ Buca), Mom said to me "I made all this happen...all of you are here because of me". She meant that in a couple of different ways, I guess. She's till with us in so many ways. Happy Birthday, Mom

Love, Maxi

Football and Fried Rice said...

Your Grandmother is BEAUTIFUL!!! And your daughter is very insightful ;) God bless her precious heart....

Debbie said...

That's one of my favourite hymns, Tiffany...one that I love to sing and know all the words too!
And I'm so glad you have your wee Lily...she has such a tender heart.
I know, like me, you will find it a huge comfort to relieve those precious memories.
So glad you stopped by. Dx