Monday, August 10, 2009

Thank You

Sending flowers to all of you!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Peonies and Hydrangeas.

A VERY Big thank you to all of you for your comments and emails.... regarding my last post.
Oh you guys are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing your experiences, stories, feelings, etc.
Thank you as well for your support and the very kind compliments. It means so much to me/us.

Here are some thoughts.... also regarding the last post.....
*Being a parent is a hard job no matter what the circumstances.
*I am not crazy about the word adoption. Not exactly sure why I don't like the word. It was nice to see that other families don't care for the word either. I LOVE that Lily and Ty came into our lives through adoption..... just think we need a different word.
*People will ALWAYS have questions and comments...... some will be good and some not good. That is part of life.... right!?
*I love sharing our story .... the story of how Lily and Ty came into our lives.
I figured out long ago (when we were waiting actually) that there is a difference between a rude question and someone that is interested in our story (or interested in adoption).

My sweet friend Megan shared this scripture with me..... I thought it was perfect and quite true.........
Proverbs 19:11 - A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

A little laugh for you.......
A breakfast conversation...Lily was trying to tell Ty that she was right and he was wrong.
Lily says... MOM, girls are always right (she wasn't asking... she was telling)
Me..... (I really want to say yes.. hee hee) but I said well, not always Lil
Lily..... Well, I am right because I am a really smart girl and you just know I am
TY enters conversation... I can't know that Lily
You can imagine how much she liked that answer???!!!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock girl. Sweet precious picture of Lily!!! love it.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Gorgeous flowers...funny story...and the photo of Lily is awesome! It looks like she is peeking at Santa! heehee

I love the word adoption! I guess because its the word that defines how my blessings came to be. Whenever I hear it my ears perk up to listen to the next amazing "adoption" story.

Hope you had a nice visit with your mom!

Love you!
Robin

day by day said...

okay...LOVE that picture of Lily peeking!!!

Just read your post below. I have the same struggle with the twins and then are they "real" sisters questions. I am stumped with how to answer. I am VERY careful to answer any questions asked in front of them...in a positive, light tone as Ella picks up every vibe and emotion that comes from me!!!

I am still not sure HOW to answer the "real" question. I know we all consider them to be "real" everything! But, I do know what people mean when they ask the question...so that makes me struggle with my answer. I also know that most people are just curious. I usually say they are sisters through adoption. Maybe I should change that and say we are a family formed by the miracle of adoption. Just thinking out loud here. lol!

Have a great day, Tiffany!!!

Julie Weber said...

oh i just love it. can't wait till her and Lucy can tell Ty how right they are.

Anonymous said...

My friend Kim from work thanks you for the flower pictures, she is now using one as a screensaver - you touch people in all places! Your flowers are gorgeous! I love the sweet and beautiful Scripture Megan shared. Lily is so funny, you never know what she & Ty will say next. Love it!I love the way she & Ty talk to each other. Love you all, Mom