Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer

Under The Trumpet Vine

This photo was taken at the beginning of summer.... when we thought to ourselves that we had a whole summer ahead of us. In fact we did have a whole summer ahead of us. BUT... as summer always seems to do.... it went by in a flash... and now it is August 31st.

September brings all sorts of new and exciting things.....preschool for both of the littles (Ty's first year), ballet, and Chinese school.

BUT.....

On August 31st I find myself wishing we had a little more summer... swimming... flowers... strawberries... black raspberries (picked by Jeff) served with chocolate mousse.....blueberries.....fresh corn on the cob.....Gator rides.....family movie day....storyhour....fresh tomatoes....trips to the beach... Kelleys Island......





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special picture of the littles. They look so happy and "ready" for summer. Each season brings joy when you have children; and, fall will be pumpkins, hot chocolate and delicious apples. What beautiful memories and children. Love you all, Mom

mherendeen@earthlink.net said...

oh my gosh Tiffany, this picture is perfectly magical! Exactly what childhood should be about, nature, exploring and joy. Your new place looks like it has plenty of opportunity for all of these valuable childhood things. Our summer has flown by too — Lu's first year at preschool as well and Clara starts Kindergarten at a Chinese Immersion school (an upcoming blog post to be sure). (I also LOVE the Howdy hat pic, soooo cute!) mel

the meaklims said...

Your Mom hit the nail on the head with her comment.

When winter rolls around, I sure am going to miss taking 'outdoor' pictures though!

Jill xx

Dita said...

What a gorgeous image of your two beauties...and your words sum up my sentiments EXACTLY about the once endless summer ahead coming to an end.

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit my blog and hope you come back often. I had a chance to peruse your a bit and I KNOW I will be back here often! Your babies are just gorgeous and I love your photography and words.

So glad to make a new friend!

Dita

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Tiffany,

Every time I place eyes on a new post of yours...I smile. Really!
I love looking at photos of your beautiful children and the way that you present their memories of growing up in Ohio.

I can NOT believe summer is coming to a close! It sped by! But as your mom said, with each new season comes new joys. I am looking forward to many things that Fall brings, especially the pumpkin patch! :)

Love you!

Don and Denise Sullivan said...

This is my favorite picture of all. You capture such great moments!